Summer 2018 Employment Opportunities : Physics, Astronomy, and Engineering Instructors and Teaching Assistants
CTY offers challenging academic programs for highly talented and motivated elementary, middle, and high school students from across the country and around the world. We are currently seeking highly motivated and qualified candidates to work in our summer programs. Information regarding employment and our summer programs can be found atcty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer.
We are currently seeking individuals to teach the following Physics-related courses:
- The Physics of Engineering
- The Physics of Sports
- Fast-Paced High School Physics
- Advanced Topics in Physics: Special Relativity
- Introduction to Astronomy
- Introduction to Robotics
- Principles of Engineering Design
- Investigations in Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
A full list of science courses, course descriptions, and sample syllabi can be found at:cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer/science.html
Why teach for CTY?
- competitive salary plus room and board at our east and west coast residential sites
- all classes are taught by both an instructor and teaching assistant, and are limited to a maximum of 18 students per class
- opportunity to teach gifted students, and work with other professionals in your field
- science instructors are allotted a generous lab budget
Core Dates for 2018*:
Session 1: June 21 - July 14, 2018
Session 2: July 14 - August 4, 2018
*Note: dates may vary depending on location and position. For a full list of locations and dates, please visit cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer/sites_dates.html.
Terms of Employment
- Starting salary for two sessions is $4,800 - $6,000 for instructors and $2,400 for TAs
- Room and board are provided at residential sites. Travel assistance is provided to Hong Kong.
- Teaching assistant candidates are generally graduate or undergraduate students with experience tutoring or as a TA.
- Instructor candidates generally have independent classroom teaching experience, graduate coursework, and at least a bachelor’s degree.
- Instructor and Teaching Assistant positions: cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer/positions
- Employment with CTY: cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer
Please fill out an online application at cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.