Senior Design Administrator and Assessment Officer
Position: This is a full time administrative position and reports directly to the chair of the Engineering Science Department.
Review of applications will start in December 2017, and will continue until the position is filled. Trinity University is an EO employer. Minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
• M.S. or Ph.D. in an engineering or equivalent technical field. B.S. in engineering or equivalent technical field will be considered with significant industrial/leadership experience.
• Experience/Willingness to conduct assessment related to ABET accreditation required. Assessment experience desirable.
• Teaching interest in engineering: design, ethics, project management, contemporary issues and economics.
• Industrial experience is highly desirable.
• Ability and desire to interact with industries to develop senior design projects.
• Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills.
• Manage/supervise departmental assessment process.
• Keep abreast of ABET accreditation requirements.
• Develop, conduct, and coordinate activities related to assessment.
• Prepare annual assessment reports leading to the program report, which is submitted to ABET every six years.
Course coordination and instruction:
• Coordinate senior design including project solicitation and selection in junior year and providing lectures and guest speakers in senior year.
• Interact with industry to develop capstone design projects.
• Teach a professional practice course which includes topics in engineering economics, ethics, contemporary issues and safety and risk.
The University: Trinity University is an independent, coeducational liberal arts and sciences university with selected pre-professional and professional programs. Our 2400 students are served by 220 faculty. The attractive, modern campus overlooks downtown San Antonio, a unique city rich in heritage and ethnic diversity with a population of more than one million.
Trinity's principal focus is on undergraduate education featuring intertwined mutually reinforcing intellectual experiences for students and faculty across the University. Priorities include development of critical and creative thinking skills and excellence in written and spoken communication.
Selective admission standards ensure that all accepted students have the ability to graduate. High retention is a University goal. Faculty are expected to be available and accessible, and are encouraged to provide individual attention and encouragement to all students.
The department is housed in state-of-the-art facilities for research and education, the Center for the Sciences and Innovation, designed to promote interdisciplinary work amongst the sciences and engineering.
Please visit http://www.trinity.edu/ to find more information about Trinity University.
The mission of the Engineering Science Department is to provide students with a broad-based undergraduate engineering education by offering a design-oriented, multi-disciplinary engineering science curriculum in the context of the University’s traditions of the liberal arts and sciences.
The curriculum emphasizes an in-depth understanding of the fundamentals of the physical sciences, mathematics, and engineering sciences that form the foundation for technical work in all fields of engineering. Some specialization is available through elective courses in Chemical, Electrical, and Mechanical Engineering, taken during the junior and senior years. The program provides significant hands-on experience in engineering laboratories and participation in engineering design projects throughout the eight-semester engineering design course sequence. The emphasis on fundamentals is intended to prepare students to deal with the rapid pace of technological change and the interdisciplinary demands of today’s, and tomorrow’s, engineering practice. The laboratory and design portions of the program provide the student with a balanced perspective of the realities and limitations required for practical problem solving.
The Department currently has ten full-time faculty, each with a Ph.D. (four EEs, two ChEs, and four MEs). There are approximately 183 engineering students in an ABET-accredited program. Faculty are involved in scholarly work individually, in collaboration with other faculty in the Department and the University, and/or with outside companies and organizations.
Well-equipped classrooms, laboratories, computer networks and shops support the curriculum and research. Study areas are in close proximity to the department offices, facilitating cooperation, interactive learning, and intellectual excitement.
Please visit http://www.engr.trinity.edu/ to find more information about the Engineering Science Department.
Application: Applicants must provide a letter of application discussing their qualifications and interest in this position, a resume, and the names and addresses of three references. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To apply for this position, please go to
For questions, please contact
Dr. Farzan Aminian
Professor and Chair
Department of Engineering Science
One Trinity Place
San Antonio, TX 78212-7200
Department Phone:  999-7511; FAX  999-8037
Dr. Farzan Aminian’s e-mail: email@example.com